BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE OF DREAMS – Morning Kick
I first found this recipe by Madeleine Shaw a couple of years ago and it has been part of my daily routine since then. If you like coffee this one is for you. Just in case you are thinking you are not a fan of flavoured coffee or coffee flavoured things bare with me. I am a coffee purist (as in, I like a cup of coffee, not flavoured and I can’t stand coffee flavoured things) but this is delicious – trust me!
What you’ll need:
- a cup of coffee (however much you want – a shot of espresso is best, but I often use the last cup in the cafetiere cooled
- Almond Milk or similar (measurement wise I fill up to just below the line of my small Nutribullet cup)
- 3 dates with stones removed. Medjool are the best, but I sometimes substitute if I don’t have them
- a teaspoon of nut butter of your choice – smooth is best
- a good shake of cinnamon – adjust to your own taste
Now blitz all in a blender and enjoy.